CLINICAL TRAINING SPECIALIST – PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SECTOR (HOSPITAL SETTING)
In conjunction with our recruitment partner, we are calling on suitably qualified, professional candidates to apply for this exciting position that exists in Cape Town in the Western Cape.
Candidates are invited to submit their applications by 6 May 2021.
The Clinical Training Specialist will be responsible for the implementation and management of risk based, hospital specific education and training strategies. They will be required to ensure that all programmes and outputs are aligned to the company’s goals and objectives.
Private Healthcare / Nursing Vacancies
(Please note the full job specification will be made available to shortlisted candidates.)
Effective Management of CPD and other programs for qualified nurses:
- Plan, co-ordinate and participate in nursing competency requirements of the hospital and nursing function strategy.
- Coach and mentor staff to ensure clinical competence.
- Management of risk based in-service training programs – including quality.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Identify risks and competence in use of products through in service training.
- Assist and participate in hospital quality projects including providing feedback, identification of deviations and taking remedial action where necessary.
Effective research on relevant clinical practices
Effective marketing of the nursing profession:
- Participate in marketing of the nursing profession including marketing initiatives to students and learning centres.
- Participate in community events with students to promote the hospital.
Effective management of internal and approved external clinical processes (planning, facilitating and evaluating):
- Participation in the selection of internal and external students.
- Identify learning opportunities and facilitate clinical skills development.
- Ensuring proper management of student admin and resources.
- Support students with research projects.
- Provide feedback on student progress to learning centre and HOD.
Diploma/Degree in Nursing (with appropriate specialization)
Post registration nursing experience within relevant healthcare environment
Nursing Education qualification
Specialization in Maternity and NICU will be an advantage.
Relevant experience to achieve the critical outputs and duties as set out above.
Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Willing to work flextime (required to train staff at night)
Willing to do hospital call (Monday to Friday) in order to cover the hospital after hours.
Driver’s License and Own Reliable Transport
Facilitation and assessment skills
Knowledge of nursing education systems and legislation and understanding and knowledge of the legislation governing the practice of nursing.
Proven clinical leadership expertise.
Problem-Solving, analysis and good judgement
Customer responsiveness and Organisational Awareness
Attention to Detail
Excellent Interpersonal Skills i.e. relationship building
This is a Senior, Professional position and only serious applicants will be considered.
Non-response within 7-days of application indicates an unsuccessful application – Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
A recent, updated, and detailed Curriculum Vitae – including; duties held at previous employers, reasons for leaving and a motivation or cover letter reiterating suitability for the position (Word Format preferred)
Copies of qualifications, commendations, awards, written references and statutory registrations.
Three (3 x) Contactable References i.e. Line Manager, Human Resources Manager or Departmental Manager.